I miss traveling and haven't been on a plane in nine months, a record for this travel agent! This is the first summer that I haven't had a proper vacation in years and that feels terribly strange. There haven't been document packets to put together, group trip booklets to print or my famous goody bags to assemble. In many ways I am just sad, but as they say this to shall pass.
Yes, you can travel now and much of the Caribbean has re-opened to US travelers. Mexico has been successful in safely re-opening. Other islands, such as the Bahamas and St. Maarten have decided not to let passengers from the US enter. And many islands do require you to have a negative COVID19 test prior to entry. Several US states are following this trend with COVID19 testing being required prior to entry.
So what did July look like for me:
- Kept up with news article related to the travel industry.
- Attended several webinars and continued to work on a certification course with American Express.
- Double and triple checked my COVID19 spreadsheet. My master list of all the bookings that were affected and making sure credits are in or or refunds are being processed for my clients.
- Booked a little travel! Some clients are ready to booking for 2021 and that couldn't make me happier.
- Looked towards the future, reading about new destinations and dreaming of where to go when the time is right.
I hope that whomever is reading this is taking this "new normal" in stride and like me, trying to make the best of it. I know that one day, we will all look back on this and say remember when. For now, I am looking forward to a little break this week, as we venture our of state and enjoy a few days a beach. I guarantee that a change in latitude will surely adjust my attitude!
Continue to wear your masks, wash your hands and stay safe!
Until next time!